Thursday, May 22, 2014

Krispy Kreme Drive Thru in NLEX

I spend most of my time in the province so the Drive-Thru concept of Krispy Kreme is new to me. I'm not exactly sure if this is the first of its kind in the Philippines but it's my first time seeing such version of the famous donut chain. It's in NLEX Petron (northbound), before Starbucks Drive-Thru.


There's nothing new on their menu except for the expanded selection of coffee choices. The cashier know-how and service mimics that of a Starbucks barista but the taste of their food and beverages favor the sweet tooth.


There's only one window where you can order, pay and get your stuff so I'm not sure about the speed of service when this concept gets popular among motorists..




Price is a bit lower than Starbucks' but coffee quality, if I may say, is on the back seat as compared to the green-black lady.


Above is the picture of how their ordering/paying/releasing window looks like.


Their donuts are still soft and still made of 80% sugar (LOL, you know I'm kidding, right? ΓΌ)

I think altogether this concept will flourish but Krispy Kreme management should put more focus on their donuts than on coffee - because that's where their expertise lie. They could focus more on their to-go donut boxes than on their extremely sweet beverage selection..

Warning: for Starbucks lovers who want to drive thru after buying your donuts from Krispy Kreme, you should turn right (not left!!!) because taking the left turn will only disappoint you (you will exit on a one way street) unless you're willing to counterflow for about 4 meters just to satisfy your coffee addiction (I did, by the way..)

No comments:

Post a Comment