Saturday, May 17, 2014

Don Don Tei

If you're craving for Jap food while you're in SM Clark, try visiting the food court and look for Don Don Tei - sister company of Yufuin, an authentic Jap restaurant in Balibago. Being a major Yufuin fan, I was elated to know such fact ;-)

I grew hungry after going around the mall at about 4:30pm so I decided to have an afternoon snack with ex bf.

Though not on the menu, I asked if they serve sashimi. The cashier confirmed they do but only limited to Tuna and Salmon. For Php 120 ($ 2.74) I got 5 slices. Ü


I also got their Spicy Tuna Maki for Php 85 ($ 1.94). It was great ü


I will surely eat there again ^_^

-----

Since I love Japanese Food so much, here's a follow up post.... I again ordered salmon sashimi and spicy tuna maki for lunch. They said tuna maki was not available because they ran out of the crunchy bits to top the sushi. I told them I didn't mind, so here's my lunch:



Salmon was not the heavenly fresh version of a sashimi but considerably tasty. Their spicy tuna maki, however, beat's Kitaro's overpriced miniature tuna crunchy ü This one's the better alternative ü Kitaro's demise, I think, was its overpricing strategy so both of its branches up north (NLEX and SM) faded into natural death.. Don Don Tei earned 4 stars for me that I've eaten the same combination thrice in 7 days 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment