Friday, June 20, 2014

Longchamp: How to Spot a Fake Bag

I ordered a Longchamp bag from an online merchant through cashcashpinoy.com. At first I was skeptical of the deal because of the overboard price off.. but hey, there are good deals out there right? I've been a fan of the Le Pliage style since I first used one. I can fill up the bag with all my stuff without fear of tearing the material. I've used bags with steep prices that fail to deliver on the "sturdiness" department. Yes, they looked pretty with fine details but when put under "heavy use" (literally) they break and tear apart - that's not the case with my beloved Le Pliage. These bags endured the heavy use test, without sacrificing elegance and style. Ü

I received the item 2 days ago. Surprisingly, the parcel went with an unsolicited Longchamp folded paperbag. The moment I saw it, I dubiously held the string and my skepticism was confirmed. I bought a fake item!!! (Grrr) Good thing I was backed up by the promise of 100% Money Back Guarantee.

Here goes some spot the difference pictures..

Longchamp bag's button from Cashcashpinoy merchant has poor workmanship and the letters are not precisely etched. Leather is obviously synthetic and harder than original. The bag is poorly stitched too. :-/



The inside flap's button lock has more of continuous ridges vs. those on the original bags which have precise "dots" all over.  Fake bag's dots are noticeably closer to the edge than that of the original.



Paperbag that came with the CCP merchant's parcel is sooo fake you can detect it on the string used for the paperbag's handle and its lighter color vs. original paperbags. Longchamp's paperbags have consistent color no matter where on earth you buy. They use the same thickness of string too.




Zipper that bears the emblem is poorly crafted, with uneven feel. It even has a misplaced marking to the left of "1948" (maybe it's some residue that fell off the copycat's mold). It feels thicker and lighter than those on the original bags.


For the untrained eye, all these flaws might be too small to notice. I'm just lucky to have something to compare the fake with. I wonder how many people bought. They might even be pleased with their savings at this very moment... :( That's sad. Let's all be careful with online purchases. The world is teeming with selfish scammers, better to be vigilant than sorry.. Online sellers, some integrity please!

I contacted CCP immediately through email. They gave me two options: 
a.) CCP credits (meaning I have to purchase anything of the same worth) or 
b.) Credit back through Paypal which may take 30-45 days!!! 
Either way, that's not "Money Back Guarantee" for me. Where's the money in those two alternatives? Nice try. So much for marketing and false advertising. I'm peeved... oh, that's an understatement..




8 comments:

  1. I got my Longchamp bag at CCP. And YES it's FAKE... Lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's why I think majority of the Longchamp bags sold online nowadays are high quality replicas... And now I highly doubt the authenticity of the other brands.

    http://dblackbitch.blogspot.com/2014/09/spotted-fake-longchamp-le-pliage.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yes I bought one too. Napagod lang ako dahil ang dame nilang proseso para ibalik yung pera mo. :( They are insisting CCP creit for refund.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I dunno why they removed Longchamp on my order history????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tsk tsk tsk!
    Distasteful sellers and website!
    You can read more about it on https://www.techinasia.com/bdo-suspends-cashcashpinoy-alleged-sale-fake-luxury-goods-sources/
    So many people are complaining about it!

    xoxo,
    http://yanhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I hope you could help me on this, how will ai return the item to CCP? And how can I have my money back? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a bag lover and once talked to a ccp representative regarding how they can prove their bags are authentic and where they sourced them cause i know luxury brands dont sell elsewhere besides their store, well she only said they are not supposed to disclose them. Oh well better be careful girls because a too good to be true price compared to the orig is surely fake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also purchased Longchamp from CCP and YES its FAKE!. And MONEY BACK GUARANTEE is not true. So be aware guys.

    ReplyDelete